Learning and Training is very important in the Diocese of Wakefield. We believe that all Christians are on a journey. On that journey God equips us to be disciples. Energy for the journey is vital; without resources travellers become discouraged and tired.
Wakefield Diocese offers a diverse range of resources for diverse groups of people.
Whether you are:
- setting up a house group or Bible study
- planning for Advent, Christmas, Easter or other special seasons
- running children’s and youth groups
- interested in self-study
- thinking of more formal learning
there is something for everyone and our materials are not limited to Church of England parishes – all denominations are welcome. Please click on the links below to find out what is available.
- www.wakefield.anglican.org/resourcesmirfield - The Resources Centre at Mirfield contains a wealth of material, available to all parishes in the Diocese of Wakefield. Click the link for more information.
- www.wakefield.anglican.org/resourceswakefield - The Wakefield Resources Centre is at Church House in Wakefield and offers many resources for working among children and young people in churches and in schools.
- www.wakefied.anglican.org/training - Click the link for more information about learning and training within the Diocese of Wakefield.
The easiest way to get to the Centre is to come off the M62 at junction 25. Follow the signs towards Mirfield. You'll invariably come to a queue of traffic at Cooper Bridge Roundabout. Fork left and follow the signs towards Leeds. Take the first right after the Little Chef (Stocks Bank Road - Signed to Battyeford and CR House). We're about a mile down this road on your right.
Please note – the entrance to the Centre is marked by a brown ladder sign (to the right as you go down the hill, see picture). Please do not use the Community Retreat House entrance.
If you are planning on coming to us via train or bus, please go to the link below for more specific directions:
Alternatively you can contact West Yorkshire Metro (buses) on:
0113 245 7676
Or National Rail Enquiries on:
08457 48 49 50