Learning and Training is very important in the Diocese of West Yorkshire & the Dales. We believe that all Christians are on a journey. On that journey God equips us to be disciples. Energy for the journey is vital; without resources travellers become discouraged and tired.
The resource Centres in Wakefield and Mirfield offer a diverse range of resources for diverse groups of people.
Whether you are:
- setting up a house group or Bible study
- planning for Advent, Christmas, Easter or other special seasons
- running children’s and youth groups
- interested in self-study
- thinking of more formal learning
there is something for everyone and our materials are not limited to Church of England parishes – all denominations are welcome. Please click on the links below to find out what is available.
- www.wakefield.anglican.org/resourcesmirfield - The Resources Centre at Mirfield contains a wealth of material, available to all parishes in the Diocese of Wakefield. Click the link for more information.
- www.wakefield.anglican.org/resourceswakefield - The Wakefield Resources Centre is at Church House in Wakefield and offers many resources for working among children and young people in churches and in schools.
- www.wakefied.anglican.org/training - Click the link for more information about learning and training within the Diocese of Wakefield.
Come off the M62 at junction 25. Follow the signs towards Mirfield. Take the first exit at the roundabout and towards Leeds. Continue up this road until you see a ‘Starbucks’ on your right hand side. Take the filter lane and turn right at the lights - this is Stocks Bank Road. Drive over the brow of the hill and begin to drop down the other side. You will see a playground on your left hand side. The entrance to The Mirfield Centre is about 100 yards further down the road, on the right hand side.
Please note – the entrance to the Centre is marked by a brown ladder sign (to the right as you go down the hill, see picture). Please do not use the Community Retreat House entrance.
The 202 and 203 bus service operated by Arriva stop directly outside The Mirfield Centre, click here for details. There are regular trains from Leeds, Wakefield and Huddersfield, click here for journey planning. Please contact us if you intend to arrive by train as it is a 20-30 minute walk to The Mirfield Centre from the station.
A Reflective Study Day: Living and Praying the prophetic life: despair and hope.
Led by Revd Henriette Howarth
Walter Tapper Lecture
Speaker: Mark Cazalet